Friday, 20 May 2016

Ideas for the Degree Show


Ideas for degree show

For this degree show, I want to be able to show my ability of transformation of materials. The show is where I can demonstrate that textiles is not just about traditional textiles but much more about how textiles can become contemporary.

The ideas I have had for the show is to create a transformation sculpture which involves construction and deconstruction of everyday materials. Currently, I have created a piece that has already been part of the textiles in process exhibition however, I wanted to create another similar minimalistic structure. With this piece, I want to see what other everyday materials I can distort to pull up my practice.

I want to use this chance of the degree show to discover what my practice is about using materials to show this to the audience. By keeping the ribbon as a waterfall structure, I wanted to create another structure so that I can have another one to relate too.

 I want the two structures to almost complement each other by sharing the balance of construction and deconstruction. These themes run throughout my work and this is what I want to show to the audience in the degree show.

No comments:

Post a Comment