Thursday, 19 May 2016

Context


Context

I have been chosen to be part of the textiles in process exhibition in the vertical gallery. I have chosen to be part of the exhibition because I want to discover myself as an artist. I find spaces and particular places interesting as my own textile work plays with scales and this gives me a chance to really prove myself and to show my abilities.

The textiles in process exhibition gave me a chance to work within a real gallery space. In my learning agreement, I wrote that one of the aims for this project was to challenge myself in creating new transformation of materials within a gallery space.

The context of my work relates all back to my research and inspirations. With my research, I looked into how my work can have meaning throughout and by finding myself as an artist, I did this. The context of this project relates all back to how I can transform everyday materials including mundane materials. Mundane materials are boring everyday objects such as washing lines, string and plastics. However, in this project I took a different approach for materials and observed more exciting everyday materials and gave them a new identity.

The exhibition has helped me to discover that spaces influence my work and that I can relate back to the space throughout my work. For in this case I related my sculpture structure back to the school of art by using a similar colour. The concrete has meaning towards the art school, as when I did my research behind the school I discovered that the concrete is used to create a factory sense towards the building. I wanted to bring this into my work as it gives my practice meaning.

 The context of my practice is having a statement piece which uses transformation of materials to relate back to the audience surroundings. Doing this live project of the exhibition has given me reasons to push my practice a lot more, into how gallery spaces can influence my manipulations.

No comments:

Post a Comment