Thursday, 14 January 2016

MICHAEL KIDNER


Creating and experimenting with the abstract spaces then applying some of the improved ideas to the lager space I had my peer’s reflection on them. I find that having other reflections towards my work helps me critical analyse what I have created. When I am explaining my concept across to my peers they need to understand my thoughts, reasoning and choice behind the selection. These boards are a representation of all that!

 After experimenting and repeating on the larger space I found an embroidery style which works. The technique is the idea of couching and pinning. However I have changed the style from being traditional to more contemporary style. I would still continue with the use of lines so transforming the materials. At the moment I like deconstructing the resources because it is a transformation. For example unthreading ribbon is deconstructing and changing it in to something different. It almost has a hair equality towards the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment