Monday, 4 January 2016

MICHAEL KIDNER


Looking back on the space, the colours and materials were working together. So I took the judgement of creating small spaces to work on to. However my larger space had no abstract look towards it because I had to think about the space, stand and it would be stable for me to work on to. In my drawings they have the abstract look because I didn’t want a plain shape. This was one of the main reasons and problems of why it is very like a tent to look at. The problem was that I needed the space on a large scale but sturdy because of the fact I was stretching materials and I didn’t want it to fall apart.

I took the decision to reflect back on to the space, use of materials and experiment on smaller spaces. The smaller spaces were easier to develop because I got to test with different and abstract shapes. I was still using the same mundane materials; however I combined them with the same four neon colours. This was to stay related to the context for the playfulness and experiment of Michael Kidner’s colours. With the spaces I got to start lots of experiments to do with pinning, tying, knotting and wrapping which I could apply to my larger space. On the other hand the frames kept my art work and experiments restricted. The reason for this is I kept to the shape of the space however in some of my experiments I didn’t cover all the sides which gave the spaces something different about them compared to the sculptures I covered. The smaller spaces were abstract and that is what I wanted from the beginning these odd shapes are what takes your interest  because you have never seen that shape before.

No comments:

Post a Comment