With the Michael Kidner live brief my direction was clear
at the begining because I took in to consideration that my colour has the same
relationship to Michael Kidner colours in his paintings. However I needed to
analyse my art work including my use of colour and what focus was required. I had
to have in my mind the use of embroidery stitches. However I looked at more artists
who use these manipulations within their work and I found that my context
relates more to repetition so creating these shapes over and over again to
create simple minimalistic pieces which were light-hearted and colourful.
An artist that I have been researching called Janet
Echelman creates these massive nets which almost look like lines of stitch.
These art pieces influenced me and gave me confidence to experiment with
different scales. I have always took an interest in scale so I wanted to take risks
to see what my art work would look like on a huge scale. The artwork had simplicity
towards it with the use of lines, however with installations being on such a large
scale. I feel that this is why it works very well. This influenced me to
develop a simplistic outlook on my own artwork as I struggle when there are too
many colours together clashing. I needed to simplify my colours for this brief.
No comments:
Post a Comment