Stretching colour was one of the main focuses. The
materials I have been using were all everyday materials such as bandages, foil
tape, elastic bands and rope. The problems with these installations were that
some of the colours clashed. The main reason was for these installations were
to see how much I could stretch, and then explore to see what would happen to
the materials. My thoughts for the installations were that they didn’t have a
context of such. I know that some of the colours related back to Michael Kidner,
however the installations didn’t have my own quality to them. I am going to
relate back to the idea of embroidering a space. I started to take this more in
to consideration as by doing these simple embroidery techniques build my
artwork. This simple technique of manipulating these stitches gave my work the
edge it needed. I have done these ideas in the past however with this live
brief I wanted to upscale on a much bigger scale. Also the embroidery
techniques I started to research were more in to different types of knotting
and netting shapes.
No comments:
Post a Comment