To push my professional level more I have to present my
work in front of peers. This will give me new information on how I come across
professionally. I created my two boards for the presentation, this time I
considered how I wanted them to look. I had to be careful in what I chose to
put on the board because of my samples. My samples are never flat or small so
sometime I find it a lot harder to communicate my ideas across because some photographs
don’t do the colour or materials any justice. I have found a system which shows my ideas off
well is manipulating them in photoshop to create my visualisations. These
techniques work perfect for me because I am now able to present my ideas to the
scale and show how I wanted them to be viewed. I can evaluate more on how my
art work is going to look because of these visualisations. I can reflect on
what works the best in my creations.
These presentation with peers helps because I am getting
other opinions and voices to view my work. This helps build up my presentation
skills to prepare me for future times. The industry I want to go in is where am
pitching my artwork and ideas for spaces and places. I need to push myself in
these presentations because the more practice I have will help me in further times.
What I struggle with the most is communication of ideas. It is hard for me to
explain what I am creating and the reasons why. By having these peer
presentation they can tell you where you are going wrong and what your strong
points are! During one of the presentations I was told that my ideas were clear
and that photographs of my visualisations were the best way to express my
ideas. With my work being on such a large scale I knew communication would have
to be the key. My peers said I was confident and that I didn’t have a problem
with talking to many people. I think that is key in this practice is you need
to know what you are talking about. This gives me my reasons for manipulating
everyday materials and constructing and deconstructing them.
No comments:
Post a Comment